(Explantion of picture below. I am on the far right. Please forgive the headband.)
Hi, dolls! I have so much catching up to do; it's insane how much goes on if you miss a weekend on the blogosphere. :P I have quite a few things I'm excited about today, and just this week in general.
1) Country may not be my absolute favorite music genre, but it is what I sing (I'll post a link to one of my covers below). It's what I have always been told I am good at singing. Apparently, I have that "country twang". Soooo, with that being said, I am SUPER excited about the premiere of the television show 'Nashville' tomorrow! Check out the trailer below. Is anyone else going to be watching it? Check out your TV guide for when it airs in your neck of the woods!
Looks good, doesn't it? I'm not even a big Hayden Panettiere fan, and I honestly did not even know about this show until I read my favorite magazine EVER, Women's Health. Hayden graced the cover of this month's issue. At first I was all, "Ugh. Really? Hayden Panettiere? Why?!" However, now I am so stoked for tomorrow night! Please tell me you have read it before. It is such a wonderfully informative magazine. I have learned so very much about not just health (although all those articles are great, of course), but life, love, entertainment. It just has EVERYTHING. Speaking of magazines, that brings me to #2...but before that, I want to post a link of my cover of Carrie Underwood's cover of 'I'll Stand By You' and see what y'all think!
Please forgive the fact that it sounds like I am singing in a STADIUM! Haha. My friend Eric tried to make it sound like it was playing on a record player, and although it does sound funky and cool, it's quite different from the original version. I have no idea where that is. So here ya go; please let me know what you think: I'll Stand By You. Towards the end of the recording, it goes into another song. Not sure why Eric left it like that, but you can listen to that, too, if you really want to. I don't suggest it, though. That's not my best vocal performance. So any comments or feedback (good or bad; I can take criticism) are welcomed in the comments section. Thanks!
2) Exciting news!!!! Two posts ago, I let you all know about Megan over at For All Things Lovely. I am sure a lot of you already knew of her, but anyway, that's not what's important. Guess what! She is being featured in the new issue of...
Agh! I cannot wait to go snatch a copy today, and you should definitely do the same. I believe the article she's in is about wearing color. I could be wrong, but I think that's what she said. I am happy to support a fellow blogger (especially a brilliant fashion blogger), so I will be either asking the boyfriend to pretty please buy me a copy (I sound like a brat. I rarely ask him for anything, with the exception of food haha) or if worst comes to worst, I will go to Barnes and Noble and sit in the cafe and read the article. ;) Congratulations, Megan! That is so amazingly awesome. I can't even imagine being featured in one of my favorite magazines! (P.S. I just got the ish! Megan looks great, and it's actually a picture of her that I posted on my post a couple ones down. I had noooo idea until I was reading the article that another one of my favorite fashion bloggers, Nicole at FRANKIE HEARTS FASHION, was being featured, as well. What a great surprise! These ladies know what's up in the fashion world.)
3) I finally got my car back this past weekend. I'm very sad that I had to return my awesome rental car, but I have my vehicle back and it doesn't look like it...well, like it got into a fight with another car. This is the explanation of the first picture. It means I am able to finally travel around and see my lovely friends that I have missed so much! Since July 27 of this year (the date of the car accident), I have mostly just been sitting around our new apartment resting, going to physical therapy (which I am now done with), other dr appts, looking for a new job that won't physically hurt me, and doing a bunch of not-so-fun-things. Technically I am still employed as a server, but let's get real. I can't go back to serving right now or anytime soon, so finding a desk job has been right after "get better" on the to-do list. That picture is of two really great friends of mine. From left: My friend Katie, whom I have known since 6th grade, my friend Katy whom I met in high school (but we didn't become great friends until last year), and then me! I'm happy that Brandon and I are able to be getting out more and having a social life, albeit sorta small.
4) We finally got to decorate our apartment (when I say we, I mostly mean me) with some fall decor! This picture just shows one thing, but I don't have pictures of the other stuff. We also got some new kitchen supplies that we needed. Here's a pic...I really feel like it's time for a pic:
Do you like the candle holder? I love it! To the left of the couch we have a cute metal pumpkin with 5 mini-candles that smell of autumn, and an ADORABLE owl that sits next to that. On the island in our kitchen, we have a huge fall lookin' bowl of fall smellin' potpourri. Whatever fall smells like. :P I'll be sure to take some photos of the DIY decorations we have around the apartment, and the new kitchen stuff we got. It sounds like we spent a lot, but we really didn't. We are bargain shoppers and I truly believe we just are good at shopping for a good deal.
5) I came across some awesome how-to tutorials on cute hair styles. I don't know why I had never thought to look these up before, because I am always trying to come up with cute hairstyles on my own and it usually fails. There are also some really amazing make-up tutorials on youtube. Man, that site has everything! I discovered this girl Sara who has some of my favorite tutorials. Here are two (a Jessica Simpson big, curly hair inspired one & a cute side pony style one) that I hope you check out. She's got great stuff!
I am lucky to hair wavy hair, so the Jessica Simpson one shouldn't be too difficult for me, however the Florida heat and humidity will attack it, so I'm holding off on that one for now. Instead, I'm going to tackle the side ponytail one! She's pretty good about explaining everything you need to do. Be sure to check out her other videos! Have funnn! Let me know if you try any of them. I may be a tad bit more than okay at doing make-up, but when it comes to cute hairstyles, I'm awful. Happy Tuesday! See y'all soon!